What Is God Stirring Up?
In a devotional I was reading recently, the question was asked, “What is God stirring up in you?” The days since have been a worthwhile exercise in pondering possible answers to that question as well as listening to God for what He might say. The following are a few things He is stirring up in me:
1) To host His Presence well. Throughout the day, my goal is to always be mindful of Him and listen for what He might say to me and/or what He would have me do.
2) A more effective prayer life. To linger in His Presence until I hear what He has to say, particularly a specific Scripture, so that I am praying His heart.
3) Sharing the message of salvation on a regular basis – wherever I am.
4) A life that is marked by gratitude and hunger so that fruitfulness is the outcome.
5) A life that displays the love of the Father, the victory of the Son and the power of the Holy Spirit.
In and of myself, it is a daunting list; totally impossible. However, with God, all things are possible, and Holy Spirit knows how to accomplish what He puts on the heart. So, I will do my best to keep my eyes on Him.
I encourage you to sit with the question, “What is God stirring up in you?” If you would like to share with me what you hear, please feel free to use my contact page.